Friday, May 1, 2009

Tailor Made?

It has been almost 2 weeks since I ordered some Chinese clothes. I have learned a valuable lesson. Don't order Chinese clothes. Last week I went by twice, only to be told that nothing was ready except my wrap skirt, which really wasn't when I put it on. Yesterday morning I went by again. They were closed for the Chinese Labor Day, but I could see the dress I ordered thru the window. I checked back in the afternoon, this shop is quite a walk from my home by the way, and they were open but no one was in. So, I took the dress, went in the back and tried it on. No go, they cut slits up the sides and had way too much fabric up top. Finally someone showed up and I explained the problem. They casually listened, not really hearing me, so we will see what it looks like in two days. I also was expecting a shirt and my shorts. I actually had to ask about the shorts before they finally told me that they had been unable to find the fabric I wanted and I should pick out something different. Couldn't they have told me 2 weeks ago????!!! I asked for my old pair back and had them take the price off my bill. I still don't have shorts! The shirt was beautiful but had the wrong color trim on it. I figured I would just deal with it and went to try it on. I couldn't even get it over my head! The neck hole wasn't big enough for anyone but a baby's head! What exactly do they do in the sewing room, watch TV and never look at what they are doing? So basically, I still have nothing to show, they didn't even have my wrap skirt and that was the easiest of them all. I have learned my lesson but I still have to deal with the problem until it is over! Ah, China!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing your comments but due to the semi-private nature of this blog we do moderate them. Please help us out by keeping your comments secular.