Sunday, May 31, 2009

PB&J

My last private class was today. I wanted to do something fun with food that would only take an hour. I tried no bake cookies at home but they wouldn't stick together. Does altitude affect that? Instead I introduced my students to the All-American PB&J. We learned new vocabulary: Peanut Butter, Jelly, Bread, Spread, Spoon, (no knives), Sandwich, and of course, PB&J! They each made their own sandwich, following my directions. They loved it! Hands on activity while learning a new language has been scientifically proven to enhance recall. It is called muscle memory. It's even better when you get to eat what you learned. Delicious!
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing your comments but due to the semi-private nature of this blog we do moderate them. Please help us out by keeping your comments secular.