Sunday, January 9, 2011

Vacation!!!???

We have been cooped up in this city for most of the year without even a trip to the local parks or the hot springs for relaxation. And if we don't get out soon, Frank and I both with explode! So, we are planning a trip in a few weeks to.....THAILAND! We are headed for the island of Krabi. We have friends who live there so rooming is taken care of. We will miss all of the fireworks and mad rush at the stores during ChunJie (Chinese Spring Festival) though. What a pity! I think I have enough fireworks photos to last several years. I think this new year I will focus on beach scenes and maybe an elephant or two. We do have an issue though. Our work visa expires February 3rd so our boss is trying to get our new one done before we leave. I love to hear, "don't worry, there is plenty of time". I had to almost beg to get a reasonable schedule of events to allay my fears about having our passports in time. Americans don't have to have a visa to get into Thailand. That saves a step. So, our secretary will buy the tickets to Bangkok for us tomorrow and from there we will take a bus from there to the island. Hopefully we leave on the 24th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing your comments but due to the semi-private nature of this blog we do moderate them. Please help us out by keeping your comments secular.