Saturday, January 1, 2011

That's a Load of Lard!

I found a bakery store recently. (Imagine my delight!) They sell butter by the kg. and vanilla flavoring and all kinds of fun stuff! It is all Chinese, mind you, so its not the rich stuff made from real milk and real vanilla beans but hey, its cheap! It was worth it to try the butter. They sell by the box, 15kg for less than $20. Imagine, over 30lbs of butter for less than $20!!! How could I not try it?

IMG_0045
IMG_0052
What will I do with it all? I made an apple pie with a crispy light crust and a golden loaf of banana bread as soon as I got home. I like it!

IMG_0053

YUM!!! That load of lard is worth it!

mandachino

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing your comments but due to the semi-private nature of this blog we do moderate them. Please help us out by keeping your comments secular.