Sunday, January 9, 2011

Tea Time

IMG_0487b
Did you know that green tea has no calories? Guess what I'm drinking right now. I have managed to stay below my allotted calorie intake the past two days. Friday, I had a party at my house and I went over a little bit, not too much, considering it was my first day on this new plan. Someone made this amazing salad with red cabbage, shredded carrots,glass noodles, ginger and garlic slices and a mixture of soy sauce, Chinese vinegar, and a dash of sugar. Served cold with everything raw but the noodles. It was delicious! I tried a variation of it today with just chopped broccoli, diced garlic and the sauce. I will be making this more often, with lots more veggies. Bet it would be good with cold shrimp or chicken mixed in too. Thanks for the tip about eggplant, Courtney! I hated eggplant before I came here and now I can't get enough of it. Frank gets tired of me ordering it, but since he is still not really into veggies, there is more for me! I get it stir fried with garlic. Simple, but there is nothing like it back home! I have yet to bring some home and cook it myself, however. I will try it.

mandachino

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing your comments but due to the semi-private nature of this blog we do moderate them. Please help us out by keeping your comments secular.