Monday, January 10, 2011

A Gift From The Heart

Saturday, a dear local friend of mine gave me a gift. A sweater. Actually, three sweaters. When I asked her why she thought of doing that for me, she said it was because I often have to wear 6 or 7 layers in order to get warm. Now, compared to us poor foreigners, the locals are much worse off financially. But my friend had gone through her own closet, pulled out the largest sweaters she could find and brought them to me to try on. I am twice her size, so you can imagine what I looked like with her clothes on, but she seemed determined to see for herself that they were too small, despite my confidence in the matter. So I obliged her in the privacy of another room. I still ended up with one of them. A button down cardigan. She said if I just wear it unbuttoned and under another layer, it would at least be warm. What could I say? I took the sweater. And I plan to wear it!

mandachino

"Give what you have to somebody, it may be better than you think."-Longfellow

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing your comments but due to the semi-private nature of this blog we do moderate them. Please help us out by keeping your comments secular.