Monday, February 23, 2009

Similarities


Sometimes I am so surprised by the similarities between where we live now and where we came from. The climate, plant life, fruits and vegetables are much the same. Except that right now, at the end of February, I am already in short sleeves and capris! The tulip trees and camelias are in full bloom and the azaleas are promising. There are daffodils and tulips, lilies and hydrangeas here. I had all those things in my yard at home. There are even pine trees here!
It is a little comforting to have these things around me. It makes me feel that though I am worlds away from home, a bit of it is still here with me, to soothe those aches that come for those I left behind.
mandy












No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing your comments but due to the semi-private nature of this blog we do moderate them. Please help us out by keeping your comments secular.