Monday, December 6, 2010

Jingle Bells?

IMG_0425
You hardly realize its already December until you enter the local monster stores like Carrefour and Walmart. Suddenly, you are inundated with holiday fever. For a country that does not profess Christianity, they have certainly adopted the Christmas commercialized spirit. Pushing, shoving, yelling, grabbing, while all par for the course in any season, are taken to a new level in honor of the upcoming Winter festivities. And there's that music, pouring out of the speakers. How did they manage to find the worst possible versions of every song? You know how they get stuck in your head this time of year? Imagine its the chipmunks, man! Or some Chinese song that sounds just like O' Susanna! I rest my case! I had made up my mind to avoid anything larger than a vegetable market and still found myself at Carrefour twice this weekend, in the city center no less! What was I thinking? I feel certain the scars will fade by next Winter. Meanwhile, I will forego the Western amenities only found at these overrun establishments until the storm wreaks its havoc and dissipates. Then, I will have to make a mad rush before the real insanity that is the Chinese New Year begins. Be afraid, be very afraid!

IMG_0424
You definitely don't want to forget the best gift this year:

IMG_0426
Spray Snow and Spray Flowers: Glorified Silly String! That's right, IT'S BACK!

mandy

"When the blind leadeth the blind...best get out of the way!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing your comments but due to the semi-private nature of this blog we do moderate them. Please help us out by keeping your comments secular.