Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Frozen...Chin??

I made the mistake of thinking today's weather would be as warm and sunny as yesterday. We all know what happens when you assume, don't we? Thanks to my loving husband, who also assumed, I got a heads up about the "biting cold" along with a request for me to bring the coat he left behind. I was well bundled on my scooter with the extra coat on my lap, a heavy scarf on my head and yes mom, I wore my helmet! However, the only unprotected area was my nose, mouth and chin since the air blew under my face shield as I rode along. I have never had a frozen chin before! Seriously, I could not feel it and hitting it with my hand did nothing, except draw attention to the strange foreigner. It only thawed after I got my hands on China's very inventive little electric hot water bag and sunk my whole face into it. It is 0*C today, around 30F but with a wind chill well below that. Combine the strong winds with driving a scooter and you have... a frozen chin!!

mandachino

"When the goose honks high, fair weather; when the goose honks low, foul weather"-proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing your comments but due to the semi-private nature of this blog we do moderate them. Please help us out by keeping your comments secular.