Sunday, December 12, 2010

Robbed Again!

I don't think its the money lost that is the issue, but more the feeling of betrayal and helplessness that is left behind when you are robbed. Today, my bike charger was stolen while I was in class at the high school. It was quite possibly another teacher and that really hurts. Nothing is sacred and it is very hard to trust anyone. In a country where "first-come-first-serve" and "survival of the fittest" are the motto for most, I understand why things are stolen so frequently. However, that understanding is not enough to keep me from feeling fed up with the whole thing. I guess it's progress that, instead of getting angry, I was just frustrated and consigned to accepting the loss. I didn't even tell the guards because, well... what can they do? Nothing. I just went and bought a new one. There is always the possibility of losing anything you own, so we have to consider that with every single purchase. Can I bear to lose this?? I am sure it will be something to laugh over very soon.

IMG_0432

mandachino

"Anger is the outcome of the tongue working faster than the brain"-Anon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing your comments but due to the semi-private nature of this blog we do moderate them. Please help us out by keeping your comments secular.