Thursday, June 25, 2009

Total Consumption

I am really enjoying the challenge of teaching English to adults. I am grateful that the hours are part-time because I could find myself becoming completely consumed by it. I love creating class curriculum, adapting to the progress of the students. Sometimes we have in mind an entire plan of action but may only have two students show up and have to change on the spur of the moment. There is a little thrill that comes with the challenge of holding their attention and pushing their limits. Our students are all making fine progress and we are proud of all of them. Teaching adults also means you can get to know them better than you can little kids. This helps us know how best to reach them and we can discuss real issues that affect them. Most of them have at least a basic hold on English. I have always enjoyed teaching and this new opportunity has not disappointed.
mandachino

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That is great you are able to do this in the States! I remember you had said something about teaching classes before you left for China. (or am I imaging that?)

    We are looking for work here but without a degree it's next to impossible.. hopefully a way will be provided. ; )

    Keep us posted on your school!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your comments but due to the semi-private nature of this blog we do moderate them. Please help us out by keeping your comments secular.