Thursday, June 4, 2009

Coming Home Part 4- Flying

As I sit in Beijing Airport Starbucks, (guess who had to go there), I feel far removed from the life we left behind a few hours ago. The place is crawling with foreigners and everything is modern. The bathrooms have disposable seat covers for crying out loud! And toilet paper!! You have missed our last weeks before departure because we have been unable to access blogger. Even now, in this modern city, no access. I will catch you up as soon as we reach home. Home- It is starting to hit me that we will soon see all our friends and family. I have been a bit numb the past few days. There was so much to do to prepare and the emotions of leaving our new friends and family behind. It hurts coming and going. Ah, the challenges of international life. We will soon be checking in for our flight to SanFrancisco where I should have plenty of time to write. 10 hours layover should be enough. AIYA!!! Many people have asked us what we want to eat first when we get home. Frank wants a nice beer. I don’t know yet, except I am really looking forward to my mom’s bbq baked beans. She is making them for my sister’s wedding this Saturday. Hey, we are country folk, bbq can be served anywhere! I am happy that we will celebrate our 13th anniversary at home in two weeks. I am expecting things to really sink in the closer we get to home and hoping that I won’t be a total basket case by the time we arrive in SC. We will see.
Mandy















No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing your comments but due to the semi-private nature of this blog we do moderate them. Please help us out by keeping your comments secular.