Sunday, April 26, 2009

回国家 (二)

There are many things I will miss about being here, even for only three months. My new friends especially, they are what makes being here worth the sacrifice. I know we will be missed here and that is something special. I know our friends at home miss us, really miss us (right?). That knowledge, along with being accepted and loved just for who we are is a special gift and I thank you. Having that no matter where we are is, well, indescribable. There is a kind of freedom that comes with not having to prove anything to anyone, just being me. I have found a bit of inner strength here too that I was unaware of. The necessity of traveling alone in crowded buses or riding my bike in busy streets at night or any time I face the city on my own has forced me to step away from the wall and even from Frank's shadow! I am even more convinced that I am never really alone and my appreciation has been taken to a new level. For these things, I am grateful for this opportunity.
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing your comments but due to the semi-private nature of this blog we do moderate them. Please help us out by keeping your comments secular.