Friday, March 27, 2009

Chinese Pets


I made a trip to a pet market recently. I was actually surprised how well kept the animals were. The dog cages were small but very clean and all of them were groomed to within an inch of their life, picked, painted and pruned. There were also cats, birds, mice, pigs, bunnies, spiders, weird squirrels and baby parrots, and they weren't being sold for food, really! I didn't see any Italian greyhounds or I might have come home with one. Interestingly, there are many little restaurants on the second floor of the market with skewered meat. MMMMM! Or is it Hmmmmmm? Here are a few pics, you decide. We have another visa run coming up, wanna come with? Follow us as we visit new places and meet new faces.

1 comment:

  1. Hey. I loved these pictures. I used to have a pet shop (actually was my parents). I used to hand feed baby birds. I remember at one time I had so many I was feeding it took 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours at night to feed them all. Oh the memories, LOL. Can't wait to go to Hong Kong with you ;) See you in a few months. oh, Russ hasn't found that book yet, but I will get him to look a little harder next week. We have a 2 day outing this weekend, so we will be tied up. Also, we probably will not be moving into your dad's house. Circumstances have changed. But you never know what tomorrow will bring. Have a great weekend. Sara

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your comments but due to the semi-private nature of this blog we do moderate them. Please help us out by keeping your comments secular.