Friday, January 1, 2010

2010



As I write this, it has just turned 2010 in America. I was on Skype earlier in a back to the future episode. 2009 there, 2010 here. Strange. Anyway, a new year with new goals and I haven’t even caught you up on the past month. Frank’s health is better, thank goodness. I have been dealing with congestion lately, probably from the increase in pollution in our city due to road and building construction. It is as if the entire city is being torn down and rebuilt before our eyes. One day a building is there, the next day gone and the next day a new one in its place! There is a new apartment complex going up around the corner from us, 40 stories high! The best thing about it is on the ground floor, a large supermarket, Carrefour, which should open sometime this year. There aren’t any very close by except Beelzebub’s Walmart which is only 10min by bike but I hate it, so I am really looking forward to the grand opening. I saved up my money and now I have a real bike!!! Yeah!!! Did I mention I hate riding bikes? MY BUTT HURTS! Frank just rolls his eyes at me because I complained so long about not having a reliable ride and how long it is on the buses and now that I have my bike, I complain about how much it hurts and that I hate it. He hates walking, I can walk anywhere any time. I hate bike riding, he can go all day. We are perfect for each other! I went for a girls day out last week and for the first time, got my nails painted, not like a solid color, I mean painted. Check out the pics. For 10Y or a little over a dollar, they will hand paint flowers on your nails. Mine had nine different layers of color and took almost an hour. So far it has lasted too. I told her, whatever you do, please don’t make it pink, I want dark colors, red or purple. I ended up with big pink flowers with some purple streaks, and GLITTER!!!. What have you done to me????!!! The first few days, I didn’t recognize my own hands! I don’t plan on it becoming a habit but it was nice to be with the girls and spoil myself just a little.

mandy

2 comments:

  1. Those are BEAUTIFUL. I had to laugh when at your Walmart comment. I didn't know he owned them over there too. LOL. You will get accustomed to the bike and it won't hurt too much. Hang in there. We made it through one more year. We are one year closer to being with all of our friends and family. Take care. Love ya, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mandy,
    I absolutely LOVE the flowers! (on your nails that is) pink and all. :) I think gold would look really good on you. And just about a dollar?! Man I would do that if I could get it done for that much! :)
    Take care, June

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your comments but due to the semi-private nature of this blog we do moderate them. Please help us out by keeping your comments secular.