Monday, November 23, 2009

Poetry Blog

I asked my students to write 10 lines of poetry for homework. After editing by the writing teacher, this is what they came up with:
#1 Friend
Sometimes in life
You will find a special friend
If you sometimes cry
They will make you smile
If you feel lonely
They will accompany you
If you can't find the way
They will guide you
If you have a friend like this
Please treasure them
-Gina
#2 I Saw a Star Last Night
I Saw a star last night,
A beautiful star
A shining star
A glamourous star
I thought I love this star
I asked the star,
Do you like to be a star?
The star answered,
I am a star,
I can not choose what I will be
But I love being a star,
I asked the star,
Can you be my own star?
The star did not answer,
Because the star flew away,
I didn't feel sad,
I saw a star last night.
-Jocie
#3 Darkness
If the world falls into the darkness
I will never give up to find the light.
That way will be difficult.'
Maybe I can't remember the right street.
I believe faith still exists.
I can find the exit.
The other side is a beautiful world.
It is place I will be lost in the dark.
But in the darkness must adapt.
-Celeste
Pretty good, huh?

1 comment:

  1. WOW! What talent little people have. Makes me wonder if I used to be that talented. Don't laugh so hard!!!! I was kinda smart a long time ago. ;)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your comments but due to the semi-private nature of this blog we do moderate them. Please help us out by keeping your comments secular.