Monday, November 16, 2009

Best Friends!

November 10, 2009

The other day, I was riding the bus to work and I saw the cutest thing. Three old ladies bounced onto the bus, literally. They were laughing and giggling like school girls. They climbed into the front seats which left their feet dangling in the air. So imagine please, 3 seventy+ yrs old ladies, feet swinging because they are too short to reach the floor, giggling and whispering like 13 year olds. I thought about how long they must have known each other and all the memories they must have shared to be that close after all this time. In China it is very common to see young girls walking arm in arm down the street even 4 or 5 at a time. I imagined how long they have spent walking together arm in arm, through marriages, children, grandchildren, sickness, deaths, etc. It is a special thing to have friendships like they appeared to have. I treasure mine. Even though I may not be near enough to walk with them arm in arm or laugh and giggle together, in my heart we are together every day. I miss you Milissa, Rayna and Sharon!!!

mandy

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of when the four of us did everything together. Brings back lots of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. What a vivid picture you paint. I know your "girls" miss you greatly. Isn't it funny that guys don't share that sort of bond. Now I am convinced that, not only should you publish your pictures, you should WRITE a book. Hope all is ok. Love ya, Sara

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your comments but due to the semi-private nature of this blog we do moderate them. Please help us out by keeping your comments secular.