Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hey Everybody! We're Back!

We are officially back in China. My back tells me in the morning after sleeping on our board bed. No really, I am happy to be back, and that is the best part. I am HAPPY to be back! Maybe it is the return to a real schedule and regularity. Whatever it is, I am grateful. We arrived Wednesday night around 6 pm. We opted for a private car to get to our apartment and ended up having a nice discussion with the driver, who was studying English with tapes in the car and eager to practice with us. He thought it would be nice if the world was one united family and that us learning Chinese and he learning English was a good start. Yeah, we enjoyed talking to him. It was a good start to getting back. I am sorry that I am still unable to load pictures. Please be patient. We started school on Thursday morning. Why wait? And right away, I got my one hour a week job back, plus the next day a couple hired me to teach them. The second time around is going much smoother. Of course, we have to find more work than two hours but this is a very encouraging start. I am so glad that we used so much Chinese while we were in Korea, but still, we can see how much work we have to do to catch back up. Frank and I had lunch together Thursday and instead of asking for the bill, mai dan, I told the waitress that the meal was free, mian fei. Frank signed us up for what he thought was faster internet, but was actually pay as you go, per hour. We have to wait till October to change it so we have been disconnecting from the net to save money. So, back to school we go! A friend is giving me a bike tomorrow too, so things are really going well. That is, until class tomorrow when I can't write the characters because I was blogging instead of doing homework like Frank...Gotta Go!
mandy

3 comments:

  1. Yuck, pay by the hour. That stinks. Sorry to hear that. Don't worry about pictures until you are more settled. (Wait, did I just say that???)LOL. Glad to hear from you. Did you make it to the Wall yet? I can't remember. Don't worry about answering until you have more free internet next month. I am just rambling. Glad you are ok. HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!! Sara PS--Gavin is having to learn about Beijing in class this week. I can't wait to use your pictures of the Forbidden City and the food to supplement his lessons. Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are happy to be back in China. Really enjoy your blog! Keep up the good work, study hard! We hope to be joining you one day soon!
    Tim's mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that yall made it back safe and sound. I know I havent posted any comments lately but I will do my best to kick that up a notch. :) Tell Frank I really enjoyed lookin at his photos of the snake on a stick and the sheep thing on a stick. lol Luv Dani

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your comments but due to the semi-private nature of this blog we do moderate them. Please help us out by keeping your comments secular.