Thursday, August 13, 2009

Eight Days To Go!

We visited with some friends tonight around 7:30. This was our first week with no work and we only have one week left. (sniff) It was so nice to be with them and they were so supportive and encouraging. I seem to be handling this departure a lot better than the first one. I know in my heart that going back is the right thing to do and it doesn't hurt quite so much this time. Don't get me wrong, it hurts! But the fear of the unknown is one less thing I have to face and the extra trip to Korea for a teacher's conference, and seeing old friends and new goes a long way to easing the pain of separation. Last time we just jumped into real life and didn't get to see much of China at first. Instant Assimilation. Ouch! This time we might even get adjusted to the time difference easier since Korea's time is a little off China's and we will have less flying time. Anyway, just wanted to check in with everybody and let you know I am still hanging in there emotionally, so far anyway.

mandy

3 comments:

  1. You will get so much out of the conference in Korea. Meeting teachers from so many places will be very encouraging for you. I am sorry I won't get to see you before you leave, but you know my thoughts are with you. Looking forward to your pictures. love ya, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good trip. Hope to see you next year some time!! Thanks for all your help and suggestions. One BIG step is actually made of many little ones!
    Take Care,
    Tim's Mom.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your comments but due to the semi-private nature of this blog we do moderate them. Please help us out by keeping your comments secular.