Wednesday, August 19, 2009

And miles to go before I sleep...

We leave Thursday at 6 am. I can't believe how well I have handled leaving this time. Emotionally stable even at this late hour. Now, don't get me wrong, I have had plenty of moments but even my friends noticed how much I have progressed. I really do want to go back.

Ok, that was written Wednesday morning and I was fine. Wednesday evening was another matter entirely since I was around many of our friends and they were all saying goodbye. I bawled like a baby. At least I lasted up until then. I still call that progress. Having such close family and friends who encourage you and support you means that leaving feels like your heart is being ripped from your chest. It will take time to adapt all over again. Just bear with me, ok? I told Frank that I couldn't possibly be the only person who has to deal with this. His response? I might be, since most people who have such strong attachments to home, don't leave. Hmmm. Anyway, here we are at the Toronto airport awaiting our 3:00pm flight to Beijing. Our journey begins again. Perhaps I am too tired at the moment to be very excited. Check back tomorrow once the China experience begins in earnest and I have some sleep under my belt.
Thanks from the bottom of our hearts for all the support and encouragement, the gifts and the time you made for us while we were home, and for what we know we can depend on through e-mail and Skype while we are gone. We will carry it with us to recharge and continue our assignment.
Mandy

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I believe it is possible to love home so much that leaving feels "like it rips your heart from your chest".. I know the moments I miss home so badly I want to be on the next train/plane. But then as sure as sunrise/sunset I am OK and everything is good. So, I don't think your alone. : ) Hopefully we get to meet up with you two this time! ENJOY! :))

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your comments but due to the semi-private nature of this blog we do moderate them. Please help us out by keeping your comments secular.