Friday, July 17, 2009

Me and My Dad













I really haven't had a chance to spend much time with my Dad here. Last weekend though, we went camping and Friday was our day. We fished, waded in the ice cold river, hiked and ate lunch on a giant rock. Just Dad and me. It was great and I was an emotional basket case. I know, I am a sop, but what can you do? We were always together as I was growing up, daddy's little girl and all. He and Mom have been a pillar of support and encouragement for us, never once discouraging us for moving so far away. When I told Dad we were moving the first time he said, "Get out of here, go". Having the support of parents makes it so much easier to expand our horizons. Thanks to you both!
mandy
'Train up a child according to the way, even when they have grown older, they will not turn aside from it'- Solomon
These are my daughters, I suppose. But where in the world did the children vanish?~Phyllis McGinley, "Ballad of Lost Objects," 1954










1 comment:

  1. Oh Im loving the pictures of yall camping. I really wish I could have been there. Brings back many many memories. Dani :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your comments but due to the semi-private nature of this blog we do moderate them. Please help us out by keeping your comments secular.