Monday, April 4, 2011

A Day Off!

IMG_0684
I was so looking forward to sleeping in today. School is out for Tomb Sweeping Day and we have the next two days off. We had to work on Saturday to make up for it but still. All I wanted was to sleep in. That dream was ripped from my pillow  by Ji Tang (chicken soup), the rooster next door (dubbed Ji Tang by me at 6:30 this morning when he opened his big mouth!). He crows every morning, but we hadn't heard him lately and assumed he had graced the dinner table with his presence. No, he is alive and well, and I am AWAKE! It wouldn't have mattered much if he hadn't crowed, because soon after, a very badly behaved child began screaming bloody murder in the courtyard below and hours later, with many adults around watching her, is still at it. Someone please spank that child! But, I have the day off! Time to do laundry, blog, study(maybe), crosstitch, and anything else I can get done before time for dinner. I'm cooking tonight. Low-country boil. Chinese style (meaning whatever ingredients I can get that resemble the real thing). The weather has finally warmed up! This is what its supposed to be! I went out yesterday in three layers, scarf and gloves and was down to my capris and sleeveless shirt by noon. Glorious! Now if I can just get some rest.  Maybe tomorrow Chicken Soup will sleep in and the brat will stay at home. I can wish can't I?
mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing your comments but due to the semi-private nature of this blog we do moderate them. Please help us out by keeping your comments secular.